Tuesday, January 10, 2012

three more weeks three more weeks three more weeks...

Avalon 20 months

I am really finding this working part-time malarky kind of hard.

The being at work part is fine, actually, I will go so far as to say I like it. What I do find hard is leaving on those two mornings a week from home or my child minders; watching my girl cry as I have to run out the door after the third hug or losing out on work and thus a day's pay when she is ill (because, heaven forbid my child comes first!) Add to that the run of the mill stuff: packing lunches, dressing her and I, showers, brushing hair, breakfast, reading stories... ahhhhh!... and all before 7.30am. Tell me, how do other women do this full-time? How do they find balance between work and raising more than one child (as my Mother did)!? I feel I am not able to give 100% either to the company I work for or my daughter.
It is a balancing act I have not perfected and my proverbial hat is off to any parent that can do this.

I am finishing up work in three weeks and... I. am. counting. down.

No longer shall I sit in traffic an hour and a half in the morning to get to the office on time. No longer shall I feel the guilt about leaving my daughter (often) upset. I had hoped I could 'do this' but alas, the juggle is not for me. Do not get me wrong, it is going to be financially hard and money will be VERY tight but this is something I will just have to get used to as it is what WE have chosen to do.

I am looking forward to a few more days like this, just hanging out with my girl....

couch surfing, belly button twiddling & watching cartoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment