Saturday, January 22, 2011

My OTHER Man

Ben Harper.



This man needs no introduction.

I have been fortunate enough to see him play live 3 times; once with Jack Johnson on the River Stage in Brisbane and twice at Blues Fest in my beloved Byron Bay.

I love the lyrics of this song. Although about smoking weed, I hear it not so literally. To me, they are about respecting the path others choose to walk and also being true to yourself.

"If you don't like my fire, then don't come around... Cause I'm gonna burn one down...."


"My choice is what I choose to do, and if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you. 
Your choice is who you choose to be, so if you're causin' no harm then you're alright with me"




Let us burn one 
from end to end 
and pass it over 
to me my friend 
burn it long, we'll burn it slow 
to light me up before I go 
if you don't like my fire 
then don't come around 
cause I'm gonna burn one down 
yes I'm gonna burn one down 
my choice is what I choose to do 
and if I'm causing no harm 
it shouldn't bother you 
your choice is who you choose to bo 
and if you're causin' no harm 
then you're alright with me 
if you don't like my fire 
then don't come around 
cause I'm gonna burn one down 
yes I'm gonna burn one down 
herb the gift from the earth 
and what's from the earth 
is of the greatest worth 
so before you knock it try it first 
you'll see it's a blessing 
and not a curse 
if you don't like my fire 
then don't come around 
cause I'm gonna burn one down 
yes I'm gonna burn one down 





No comments:

Post a Comment